Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wednesday, March 30th

We're playing WoW today. Laura's reading a bunch of provocative statements about the game for us to form our blogs about. Me, Jackie and Anna are the only ones in the whole classroom to have written down the following statements. (Brownie Points)

"The social structures of WoW are in fact very similar to the interlocking and shifting hierarchies of multinational corporations."

"WoW is a playground for feminism."

"Is WoW biologizing cultural difference, or even tacking race onto personality and intellectual traits?"

"WoW is a virtual theme park."

Now a girl in our class is showing us how to create our own WoW accounts. I'm trying to make mine, but the application won't open for some reason...

Ok, so apparently the application wasn't actually installed on my computer, so now, instead of joining everyone else and playing WoW, I have to sit and watch this stupid application install on my computer. This thing's going to be done by the time this class is over. Awesome. Of all the computers I could have chosen today...

Installation just finished, time to start playing. Heyah!

Scratch that, it never worked on the Miami Internet. Apparently the firewall doesn't like the Blizzard downloader. So I tried it on my laptop too, but that didn't work either. Looks like I'm just SOL...

Scratch that ^, I am now playing. My guys name is Eatbraains, and naturally, he is a zombie.

No comments:

Post a Comment